Kentville, Nova Scotia
Department of Academic Services
Continuing Full-time Position: Commencing approximately January 2, 2019
Application deadline is 4PM, December 4, 2018
Competition No. 2018-352
Salary range: $37,818.14 to $42,313.39 annually
Reporting to the Academic Chair for the School of Business, you will work with a team providing support to students and staff across the four Academic Schools at the campus as well as other areas of Campus operations as required.
As a first point of contact, you are responsible for supporting the day to day operations of the department, including reception, telephone calls, and assisting walk-in clients. Your responsibilities will include the administrative functions of the office such as data management, accessing student records and preparing documents and reports. You will also be responsible for managing flow of paperwork, scheduling meetings and appointments, prioritizing and coordination of workflow for budgeting, program scheduling, and resource management, as well as organizing projects and events, and other responsibilities. You are capable of taking discretionary action as required, and are always looking for procedures to improve efficiencies.
You are a collaborative, team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in your role and you strive for excellence every day. You understand our position as role models to our students and as such, you demonstrate the utmost professionalism, integrity and respect for all persons in everything you do. You are committed to life-long learning, occupational currency and a belief in NSCC’s mission. You bring a learning-centered perspective to everything you do. You think broadly, celebrate diversity of thought, and respect the uniqueness of individuals. You flourish in a dynamic, changing and sometimes ambiguous environment by keeping informed and connected within your role and the College. Is this you?
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is a post-secondary certificate or diploma in Business or Office Administration combined with a minimum of two years’ recent and related experience in a fast-paced office environment. which includes a strong customer service component. Or you have the recognized equivalency of a high school diploma with significant (10+) years of administrative experience.
- Occupational experience that includes experience with student record systems, program accreditation processes, budgeting, and scheduling would be considered an asset.
- You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, E-mail. You are an expert in Excel, Office 365, and Sharepoint, and have experience with electronic file management.
- You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology in advancing your work
- Experience supporting/providing service to students and prospective students would be considered an asset.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills and are able to interact at all levels of an organization
- You are known for your superior customer service skills and are able to create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction
- Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment
- You have specific technical occupational knowledge and skill in records management and electronic file systems.
- You are known for your problem solving and critical thinking skills
- You are a strong communicator both written and oral
- You possess excellent coordination skills specifically related to meetings, events, and calendar management
- You have proven records and information management skills and abilities specifically related to academic records and student support.)
- You have strong project management skills that you use to plan and organize complex work and manage priorities and deadlines.
- You demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence in your daily work
- You are dedicated to life-long learning and are able to adapt quickly and effectively to new technology
- You show a strong commitment to community involvement with an interest to actively participate in the campus and local community