Assists guests by providing transportation, carrying baggage and disseminating information to maximize guest satisfaction. Assists in the Loss Prevention functions at the hotel
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promptly and safely transport luggage to and from guest rooms. May secure, tag and store luggage at guest’s request.
- Explain and promote hotel facilities, outlets, and services to guest and provide information to guests regarding local attractions and activities.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or dissatisfied guests.
- Conducts property walkabouts, monitors and reports on any safety issues throughout the hotel.
- Responds to any safety issues reported by guests and employees.
- Conducts and reports on any first aid administration given to guests and employees.
- Completes incident reports accurately within company timelines.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- May regularly inspect and clear hotel entrance and surrounding areas of litter and debris.
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include but is not limited to accepting dry cleaning from guest and secure for pick up by dry cleaning company; delivering clean laundry or guest mail/messages, or and responding to other special requests or Valet duties.
- In carrying out your duties you will follow all Company and IHG Brand Standards
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
High School diploma or equivalent, plus some guest service experience or hotel experience preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying, pushing, or lifting items weighing up to 100 pounds
- Moving about the public areas
- Handling objects such as luggage
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients, guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing departmental records/logs, reading road signs, etc..
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
- Hotel: 1 year (Preferred)