Come and join our fun, engaged and energetic team. Westin offers not only guests but our associate’s endless possibilities to restore the body and expand the mind. We offer exceptional benefits, training and perks that provide the basis for a renewing work experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we would love you to join our team!
The Westin Prince Toronto Hotel is an exquisite property nestled in 15 acres of inspiring parkland. With 395 intimate guest rooms and 30,000 square feet of meeting space in North Toronto, we are uniquely positioned to host a broad range of corporate, government, and leisure groups.
Manage the stewarding department in order to ensure a high level of service, quality and consistency, value and satisfaction to the restaurant, room service and banquet guests when it comes to dishware, glassware and utensils. Ensures operational efficiency and cleanliness in the food and beverage area. .
- Coordinating all glassware, utensils and dishware supplies for the hotel according to established guidelines, ensuring they are sanitized and in professional working order for use by our guests.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of all assigned associates and departmental responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Staffing and scheduling of stewarding to meet departmental responsibilities.
- Conducting regular departmental meetings.
- Ensuring all subordinates are properly trained to perform the job tasks
- Always maintaining positive associate relations.
- Development of accurate long and short-range financial objectives for the stewarding operations consistent with Food & Beverage Departments objectives, including but not limited to:
- Operating within budgeted guidelines.
- Implementing and maintaining control procedures within the department.
- Always conducting self in a professional manner in all guest and especially all associate contact, ensuring the most efficient department possible.
- Always dressing professionally in accordance with hotel standards and always coming prepared with any necessary utensils to complete the job successfully.
- establish stewarding procedures and cleanliness standards ensuring that these are maintained.
- Develop, implement and enforce departmental, hotel /corporate policies and training programs.
- Supervises staff, assists in preparing prepares schedules, mediates staff disputes, trains and develops staff, and carries out disciplinary action.
- Monitor and controlling inventory costs.
- Conduct quarterly departmental meetings and attends all required in-house meetings.
- Provide the following shift with a complete, accurate and up-to-date log book of the daily activities and follow up on recorded notations as required and conducts daily briefings.
- Monitors and enforces food safety and dish sanitation procedures.
- Schedule special cleaning projects and monitors the work. Inspects kitchen facility and fridges, ensuring that standards of cleanliness and repair are maintained.
- Ensures that health, safety and fire procedures and regulations are followed.
- Liaises with other departments, ensuring communication and the coordination of activities.
- Checks, authorizes, and submits payroll information. Monitors daily labour costs.
- Participates in taking weekly and monthly inventories of china, glass, silverware.
- Assists in food handling and set-ups for the food & beverage outlets and banquets working under the direction of the Kitchen Chefs.
- Ensures that the kitchen is prepped for food service. This could include ensuring coffee and juice for the kitchen is available.
- Serves soup and salad when needed for banquet functions.
- Able to assist in ordering food supplies for the kitchen when needed.
- Complies with hotel and corporate policies and procedures.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by Management.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience in a Hotel or related industry.
- Post secondary degree hospitality or food & beverage
- Familiarity with Canadian and provincial employment and labour law.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of guests, employees and management.
- Excellent organizational, computer, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Very Strong oral and written communication skills
- Smartserve and Food Safe Handling certification.
- Able to lift weight up to 70 pounds.
**The Westin Prince recognizes its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and, upon request, will provide accommodation in the recruitment processes to the point of undue h
Job Type: Full-time
supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)