Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission: A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
When we set out to build our vision and future, we connected with our community – patients, families, visitors, physicians, staff and volunteers. The foundational goals of our new strategic plan – quality, access and sustainability – anchor everything we do. Our mission for a new kind of health care is built on an inter-connected system of care organized around patients – inside and outside the hospital.
At THP, we are relentless in providing high quality, compassionate care to our communities and take great pride in fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and we are all accountable for contributing to a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing and promoting excellence in patient care though advancing patient and staff safety. If you are passionate about what you do, motivated to improve the health of the community, committed to excellence, quality and patient safety we would like you to join our Better Together team!
- Minimum Grade 12 education and/or equivalent in support services role preferred
- Ability to communicate with customers, patients and co-workers
- Ability to read and write, follow instructions, and use basic math skills
- Work on a daily basis as part of a team, supporting HA’s, etc.
- Must complete the required training program
- May include shift work
- A positive work and attendance record is essential
- Demonstrated floor care experience
- Knowledge and experience with stripping and waxing required
- The ability to be self motivated and complete project tasks without need of assistance
- Knowledge and experience in burnishing, auto-scrubbing and buffing.
- Clean public areas, washrooms, stairwells, elevators, corridors, call rooms and equipment in your area. May also be assigned to patient floors, lounges, corridors, etc.
- Collect garbage, recyclables and biomedical waste
- Collect outside garbage/leaves, checks grounds and disposes of garbage
- Snow removal as needed
- Heavy lifting required, able to complete all tasks including set ups
- As assigned, transport supplies and equipment throughout the hospital
- Set up conference rooms as needed
- Biomedical waste clean up and packaging according to specified guidelines
- Uses chemicals and cleaning agents, cleans up spills
- Washing, drying and mending of in-house laundry
- Clean and vacuum rehabilitation pool
- Maintain open and timely communication with team members and management staff
- Uses the pager as required to perform job duties
- Must have the physical strength to meet requirements of job
- We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted