Shokar Trucking Ltd
Surrey , BC
We are a locally owned and operated business specializing in the transport of refrigerated and dry van loads. We are based in Surrey.
Location of work: As we specialize in the transportation of goods the main routes are between the Canadian Provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba. We also do Northwestern United States, Washington state, Oreagon, Idaho as well as California and Arizona.
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent.
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials.
- Loading and unloading of goods. Load and Unload freight at various locations in Canada and USA.
- Pre-Trip, enroute and port trip inspections of all company equipment
- Plan travel schedules and routes.
- Use atlases and other trip planning aids.
- Receive and relay information to central dispatcher.
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- Drive tractor/trailer unit long distance in Canada and USA
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- Carry out all duties related to long-haul driving
- Perform brake adjustments.
- Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs.
- Professionalism in customer service.
- Maintain log books, bill of landing and all required paperwork for transportation requirements
- Handle inquiries from customers.
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Education: No formal education required
Experience: 2 Year experience required.
Company will provide training if needed.
- Valid (Class 1 or A) driver license is required, Air Brake Z Endorsement.
- Must be able to cross USA border
- Willing to travel extended periods and travel overnight
Training: our training plan for entry level drivers (without experience) includes full driver in-house orientation in classroom with a truck simulation machine to give real like training in the classroom, team driving with instructor (short runs), mentor mentee raining (driver in own truck) and on-going training.
Job Type: Full-time
Apply by email to [email protected]
or by fax: 604-583-2666